Bio—George Selley (born 1993) is a London based photographer, filmmaker & researcher. George currently teaches photography at Fine Arts College, in Camden. He is a recent graduate of MA Photojournalism & Documentary Photography at the London College of Communication. His work has been published in Dazed, Huck, The British Journal of Photography, Artpress and Fisheye Magazine, among others.
Last year George received the Paris Photo Carte Blanche Student Award 2017. He was also a finalist in the Felix Schoeller Best Emerging Photographer Award 2017. He has been exhibited in Germany; France; Italy; Spain; Poland; Ukraine, the Netherlands; the U.S and the UK. His 2015 documentary Study Drugs was selected and screened at the 2015 American Public Health Association Film Festival, in Chicago. George is a co-founder of the Carte Blanche Collective, and a member of Inpro.
- 2017-218, London College of Communication, MA Photojournalism & Documentary Photography.
- 2014-2016, Oxford Brookes University, BSC Social & Biological Anthropology.
- Fujifilm Young Talent Award, 2018 (Shortlisted).
- Homesession Artist Residency Award, Barcelona. 2018 (Winner)
- Belgrade Photo Month, New Talents Award. 2018 (Finalist)
- Paris Photo Carte Blanche Student Award. 2017 (Winner)
- Felix Schoeller Best Emerging Photographer Award. 2017 (Finalist)
- Photo X, Art Gemini Prize. 2017 (Shortlisted)
- Celeste Visible White Photo Prize. 2017 (Finalist)
- American Public Health Film Festival. 2015 (Laureate)
- FotoFestival Schiedam, Schiedam, Holland. October. 2018
- Off Limits, Squat-gallery, Kiev, Ukraine. September. 2018
- (Solo) Homesession Gallery, Barcelona, Spain. August. 2018
- Odesa Photo Days Festival, Odesa, Ukraine. April. 2018
- Paris Photo, Grand Palais, Paris. November. 2017
- Gare du Nord, Paris. November. 2017
- Felix Nussbaum Museum of Cultural History, Germany. October. 2017
- Ostrołęka Festival of Photography, Poland. October. 2017
- Fondazione Marangoni Gallery, Florence, Italy. September. 2017
- Green Rooms Gallery, London. February. 2017
- American Public Health Film Festival, Chicago. October. 2015